Villainous Chicken - Printable Version
+- DisneyJunction & PinTrade (http://disneypintrade.com)
+-- Forum: Disney Partyline (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Goofy's Kitchen (/forumdisplay.php?fid=83)
+--- Thread: Villainous Chicken (/showthread.php?tid=2070)
Villainous Chicken - xPrincessEmilyx - 05-12-2012 01:56 AM
I thought I'd post the recipe I created for a fabulous Chicken based dish. I'm only a uni student so my cooking has never been gourmet (my brothers a chef, I'd never live up to that!) but I refuse to eat oven and microwave food often so I like to cook simple things.
This meal should take about 20minutes to prepare and cook. This will make a meal for 2 (I usually make it two days running with half the ingredients each time).
You will need:
2-3 Chicken breasts,
A packet of mushrooms approx 8 closed cup is good,
Chicken stock pot (the gooey kind),
Butter or oil for the pan,
Rice (basmati works best),
1. De-starch the rice by rinsing it in warm water, then place in a pan of water from a boiled kettle and put to boil on a hob.
2. Chop the onion into small pieces, lace the pan with butter or oil and begin to soften the onions by frying gently.
3. Cut the chicken into small chunks (its super duper easy to do it with scissors!) and add the pan.
4. Chop the mushrooms into small pieces (slicing then cutting in halves or thirds is about right) and add to the pan when the chicken is cooked through.
5. Add the gooey chicken stock pot the the middle of the pan and slowly move it around the pan until it separates up into a sauce, thoroughly mix all the ingredients in this sauce.
6. Add a medium sized dollop of sour cream and mix well, you should have a very light creamy brown sauce overall. Taste test this and add extra sour cream if necessary
7. Warm until the rice is cooked to thicken up the sauce slightly
8. Serve the rice with the villainous chicken on top and enjoy a tasty, simple and quick meal
RE: Villainous Chicken - PeterYup - 07-04-2012 11:11 AM
Just for the fact that you added mushroom and chicken I'm more than willing to make this recipe. Even though I can't cook to save my life. But thanks for the share. I might post pics of what it come out like or my burned kitchen. Let's hope their pics of the food. Lol.